The Placer Breast Cancer Foundation is proud to be celebrating our 15-year anniversary! Founded in 2005, the Placer Breast Cancer Endowment was formed by breast cancer survivors and South Placer County residents Carol Garcia and Teri Munger in with a goal to raise $1.5 million to endow a Breast Cancer Chair at the U.C. Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center. After reaching the $1.5 million dollar goal in 2014, the Endowment became the Placer Breast Cancer Foundation with the intention to continue the fight against breast cancer.
Since 2005 we are proud to have reached the following goals:
- Raised $1.5 million to endow a Breast Cancer Chair at the UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Through the use of the interest earned from the endowment funds, supported a mammography study at UC Davis, enabling the researchers to learn more about the use and effects of mammograms on those of all ages, helping them to make better recommendations as to the situations in which mammograms are recommended and what age women should begin having them done. For more information on this study, please click here.
- Raised and donated $100,000 to help fund a study at UC Davis that is researching the effect of BRCA-2 genes and how they are related to breast cancer and its treatment. For more information on this study, please click Funding Goal Project Summary.
- Begun to raise $175,000 to help fund a study of Triple Negative Stage IV breast cancer, designed to learn how different forms of treatment can treat this type of cancer.
- Presented four annual Placer Women’s Retreats, allowing those in our area to learn more about how to maintain their health and mental well-being, and bringing women in our community together.
Our fight is not over!
In 2020, the goals of the Placer Breast Cancer Foundation include:
- To continue to raise $175,000 for the funding of the Triple Negative Stage IV breast cancer study we committed to in 2019. For more information on this goal, please read 2020 Funding Goal Project Summary.
- To present our 5th Annual Placer Women’s Retreat, to be held on May 3rd. This year we are excited to announce that our keynote speaker will be Chrysa Demos who will be presenting on Work-Life Harmony. For more details on this event, please click here. We would love for you to join us!
- To present our 13th Annual Hot Pink Fun Run, an opportunity for us to raise funds for our cause, unite our community in our fight, celebrate Survivors, and present a healthy, family-fun event.
- To continue to join with and support our Community Partners who also work to fight breast cancer and provide services for families and individuals who are diagnosed with the disease.
We are excited about the successes of the Foundation, and eager to see where the next 15 years take us. If you would like to join us in the fight against breast cancer, please learn how you can help by clicking here. If you would like to make a monetary donation, you can also do so by clicking here.
Thank you for your continued support in the fight against breast cancer. Your partnership in the fight is appreciated, and we couldn’t do it without you!